- Hopefully the tech ceos are publicly beheaded
- amazon caught lying
- apples app store should burn in a fire
- tech companies are usually scum
- a bunch of boomers talking to tech ceos will change nothing
- Exploit led to leaks of email addresses, name, address and phone numbers
- Not everyone got address etc leaked, if you did expect a ledger email
- Either way expect some phishing mail
- No passwords or payment data just contact details
- Hardware wallets are fine just a data leak
- They're monitoring for sale of the DB
- They're focusing more on the eCommerce platform going forward
- Use a coldcard unless you're some meme tier crypto daytrader
- Researcher revealed two claims to have three more
- Also claimed to have reported them to TOR but they got ignored
- Claims he has a zero day that could reveal servers real IP (rip drug markets)
- issue 01 allows full blocking of TOR by ISPs
- issue 02 allows blocking of users even when using bridges
- Dumb idiot bill gates thinks in 2D
- E2E stops censorship of misinformation
- Doesn't mention the clear pros of E2E
- Valid worry facebook will set up a system where they can't moderate content so can't be held responsible
- Why is bill gates saying dumb stuff?
- Bad news sells
- News doesn't care about morals so gives disproportional attention to climate deniers
- why would news outlets care about misinformation if it sells
- UK chief veterinary officer Christine Middlemiss said: "This is a very rare event, with infected animals detected to date only showing mild clinical signs and recovering within in a few days.
- "There is no evidence to suggest that pets directly transmit the virus to humans. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will update our guidance to pet owners should the situation change."
- An animal's fur could carry the virus for a time if a pet were to have come into contact with someone who was sick.
- “As far as TikTok is concerned we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump said aboard Air Force On
- Hopefully he bans it then moves on to all social media that treats users as less than humans
- TikTok actually had the balls to say they care about privacy
- "Banning an app like TikTok, which millions of Americans use to communicate with each other, is a danger to free expression and technologically impractical."
- Chinese law can compel any domestic company to hand over data it has collected on users.
 Absolute 10iq take when you're talking about a closed source app that collects incredible amounts of user data unnecessarily, anything that isn't truly private and secure is not just a danger to but a direct attack on free expression, sounds like something a teenager who has no understanding of technology or the implications of spying would say
- Apple adding privacy related features stops our 500 billion dollar company from making as much money :(
- "We're still trying to understand what these changes will look like and how they will impact us and the rest of the industry"
Any industry that needs to invade peoples privacy to survive should not just die but it should be killed, apple is still a joke but at least with the latest one they tell facebook gets hit with the punchline
- Some absolute lads hacked twitter and showed what a joke it is now they're probably going to rot in a cell
- Seems they got caught by not correctly anonymizing bitcoin before trying to cash out
- Even they only wanted clout and money hopefully it will start a greater concern among the general public about these platforms